Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Generic whole class Explain Everything templates

Oh where do we find enough time?

Trying to get a specifically made Explain Everything project made for each book and each reading group that comes past me is an extremely difficult and time consuming task. It isn't really sustainable.

For the next week I will be trialling generic whole class templates that can be used by students to match the specific book that they are reading.
One problem that I can potentially see with a system like this is that these projects look at general ideas such as re-telling and character studies but don't cater to specific needs that the students have.

To get around this I will also be looking at possibly introducing some of these options:

> Having two projects for students to work on?
> Having students add their own slides onto the end of the project that is scaffolded by me

With this also comes the learning of a new routine of saving the new copy not the template. Another concept that they will have to grasp before transitioning into independent learning.

Time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of your blog! It's delicious! Your comments about needing to embed learning by practising a skill over several days without it becoming boring, resonated with me as I thought about the students I work with. I am keen to follow your learning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catering for all those different groups with prepared activities is time consuming. It is painful to find that something that took you half an hour to prepare can be completed in 5 minutes. You are obviously experimenting with how to keep the thinking while reducing the preparation time. Looking forward to seeing what works and why.

    ReplyDelete